Lemongrass drink to hydrate the body in hot weather, we all suffer in hot and humid weather, and all indications are that the weather will not improve in general, but we can keep our bodies cool by drinking more fluids or healthy drinks. Therefore, today we offer you a lemongrass drink with aloe vera as one of these wonderful and easy-to-prepare drinks, which has a wonderful taste and is very refreshing.
Lemongrass is a wonderful plant and is a good source of vitamins A and C, folic acid, magnesium, zinc, copper, iron, potassium, phosphorous, calcium and manganese. Lemongrass also has beneficial medicinal properties as it acts as an anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal as well.
Aloe vera contains more than 200 active ingredients including vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes and fatty acids. Aloe vera also helps reduce the amount of unhelpful bacteria present in the intestines and maintain the beneficial bacteria. This wonderful drink has many health benefits for the body, so we will show you the ingredients of this wonderful drink.
(serves 6-8 people)
- 500-600 grams of aloe vera leaves.
- 120g of plant sugar (you can add more or less sugar according to your taste).
- 3-4 stems of lemongrass (depending on the strength you want).
- Wash and peel the outer layer of the lemongrass stem and cut it into small pieces.
- Put the lemongrass pieces in a bowl of 1 liter of water. Then put the pot over the high heat. And as soon as it boils, reduce the fire and make it quiet until it is cooked. Then add the plant sugar.
- Leave it to simmer for half an hour. During this time, chop the aloe vera leaves. Cut it off from the end where the paper adheres to the stem. Then put the knife under the skin as shown in the picture.
- Move the knife along the length of the paper until you get rid of the top cover of the paper. And leave the flesh of the paper uncovered. Then put the knife under the meat to separate the meat as well.
- Cut the meat into small cubes and set it aside for later use.
- Remove the lemongrass slices using a strainer.
- Meanwhile, add the chopped aloe vera pieces into the pot, and bring it to a boil over low heat again.
- Leave this mixture to boil for another 15 minutes until the aloe vera has softened a little. Then remove the pot from the stove and leave it to cool before serving.
This recipe is very easy to get a healthy and wonderful drink. Removing the cactus flesh may be the hardest part (but it’s not too difficult). This drink is very refreshing and wonderful, as lemongrass and aloe vera complement each other in terms of aroma and taste.
You can also replace aloe vera leaves with pandan leaves. And mix it with lemongrass. You can also add all three ingredients together. The result will be wonderful.