We have heard about the benefits of avocado for children, and that is why we said that we should know it for you, madam. Avocado benefits. If you want to know the many health benefits that avocado can provide to your child, as well as some recipes for its preparation, you should read this article now. What is avocado? avocado
What are the benefits of avocado for children?
Avocados have many health benefits, especially for children, but before talking about them, you should be reminded to consult your pediatrician before you start introducing food with breastfeeding into your child’s diet. Also, make sure that your child is not allergic to avocado, by giving him small amounts daily and noticing the appearance of allergy symptoms on him or not.Some benefits of avocado:
1- Rich in unsaturated fats Avocado is one of the most fruits rich in unsaturated fats, which is of great importance in the process of your child’s growth and mental development, and is very useful in strengthening his sense of sight.
2- Avocados contain essential vitamins and minerals Avocados contain most of the essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A, C, and B6, and also contain folic acid, iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, sodium, zinc, and all of these vitamins and minerals help your child’s growth and development. his capabilities.
3- Avocados are easy to digest
One of the best features of avocado is that it is easy to digest, even for the sensitive digestive system of children. It also helps control the poor digestion that your child may suffer from in the first months of eating. Avocado removes disorders and irritation of the stomach walls and prevents the formation of gas, as it is a natural remedy for children’s colic.
4- Avocados are rich in antioxidants Avocados are rich in antioxidants that help in the work of the digestive system, metabolic processes and the building of protoplasm.
5- Helps protect the liver Avocado is one of the most important fruits for maintaining the health of the liver. Once you start offering it to your child, it will form a defense mechanism for his liver and keep him healthy. It is the best way to prevent inflammation and cirrhosis of the liver.
6- Helps prevent infections Eating avocado regularly prevents any kind of infections that your child may be exposed to, and infections can occur as a result of a number of reasons such as damage to the tissues that make up the child’s skin, skin irritation, and even simple itching can lead to infections, so eat Avocado helps prevent and soothe inflammation.
7- Helps heal wounds Avocado is a natural remedy to help wounds heal, instead of having to give your child antibiotics, it helps heal wounds in a natural way.
Some tips before offering avocado to your child to take advantage of the benefits of avocado for children
You should keep in mind some tips before serving avocado to your baby and of course after getting the doctor’s approval:
1- Serve fresh avocado to your baby because cooked avocado loses most of its benefits and nutrients. Avocados are very soft and buttery, which means your baby will love the taste and texture.
2- Choose the avocado according to the time of its use, as soon as it is picked, the avocado begins to ripen quickly.
3- Storing avocados in the refrigerator stops their ripening process, so if you buy fruits that are not fully ripe, do not put them directly in the refrigerator.
4- Serve the avocado to your child after peeling it and removing the inner seed, or mix it with other fruits and vegetables that your child has tried before.
Avocado recipes for kids:
1- Avocado smoothie or fruit salad
- Three ripe avocados
- Three boiled pears, steamed
- Three ripe bananas yogurt
- Make sure to remove all the seeds from the avocado and the avocado
- Peel the fruit and cut it into large pieces and put them together in a blender and mix well until its texture becomes smooth and homogeneous.
- Add a tablespoon of yogurt and mix again
- If your little one has begun to chew, do not put the mixture in the blender, distribute the fruits in small cups and serve with a spoon of yogurt.
2- Mix avocado with mango
- Ripe avocado
- mango fruit method
- Wash the mango and avocado, peel them and remove the inner seed from each.
- Put them in small cups and mash them together
- You can add some water or milk or even a spoonful of yogurt to the mixture to thin its texture and make it easier for your child to swallow.
3- Avocado with cream cheese
- Ripe avocado
- cream cheese
- Oats/biscuits chips
- Peel the avocado and cut it into small pieces, then mash it with a fork.
- Add cream cheese to the avocado and mix well to get a smooth mixture.
- Add the oats to the mixture and divide the mixture into small balls until it is ready to eat.
- You can spread the avocado and cheese mixture on toast or crackers instead of step 3.
4- Mix avocado and apple
- Ripe avocado
- Fresh apple or unsweetened apple sauce
- Slice the avocado and mash it with a fork in the bowl
- Add half a cup of apple sauce to it and mix them together
- Instead of apple sauce, you can boil fresh apples, leave them to cool, and then mash them with avocado.
5- Chicken puree with avocado
the ingredients :
- chicken breast
- Half an avocado
- olive oil
- Cut the chicken breasts into small pieces, boil them in water and then leave to cool at room temperature.
- Put the shredded chicken breasts in the blender until you get the consistency of a puree
- Add avocado slices with chicken and olive oil for an easy-to-swallow texture
6- Avocado with steamed cauliflower and rice
- Half a cup of cooked rice
- Steamed cauliflower
- olive oil
- Put half an avocado with a third of a cauliflower and mash them together
- Put the broccoli and avocado mixture in a bowl, add the cooked rice and mix with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- You can put the ingredients in the blender to soften its texture and make it easy to swallow for your child
7- Avocado and Tofu
- Half an avocado
- lemon drops
- Half a cup of tofu
- olive oil
- Put the avocado and tofu in the blender, mix well, taking care not to soften the mixture.
- Add lemon drops to the mix
- You can also add half a tablespoon of olive oil to add a creamy flavor to the mixture.
8- Avocado and potatoes
- avocado fruit
- Peel the avocado and remove the inner seed
- Put the potatoes in the microwave for about an hour until they are tender and soft, and make sure not to remove their outer skin when preparing.
- Once the potatoes are done, take them out of the microwave and leave them to cool at room temperature
- Remove the peel and put it in a bowl with the avocado, mash them together until they reach a soft texture that is easy to swallow and serve to your child.
9- Avocado with white beans and chicken
- Ripe avocado
- cup boiled white beans
- Steam boiled chicken
- Slice the avocado and mash it in a bowl
- Take a third of a cup of white beans and add them to an avocado and mash them together until you reach a very smooth mixture.
- Add a third of a cup of boiled and chopped chicken to the mixture and mix them together
- Add a little milk to make the mixture more creamy
10- Mix avocado and banana
Ingredients: one ripe avocado, one banana
- Peel and chop the avocado, mash it with a fork in a bowl
- Peel the banana and add it to the avocado and mash them together
- You can put the mixture in the blender to get a softer consistency, or just puree it and feed it to your child, depending on the age of the child.
11- Avocado with peaches and pumpkin
Ingredients: ½ cup of pumpkin puree + 1 avocado + 1 ripe peach
- Peel and chop the avocado and mash it in a bowl
- If the peaches are hard, boil them over the steam and leave them to cool at room temperature.
- Add the peaches to the avocado and put them in the blender until they reach a smooth consistency, then add the pumpkin puree and mix them together again.
12- Mix avocado and cantaloupe
Ingredients: half an avocado, a small cantaloupe, ginger juice “optional”
- Peel the melon and put it in a bowl. Peel the avocado and add it to the melon and mash them together.
- To add flavor, you can add some ginger juice to the mixture
13- Mix avocado and tropical fruits
Ingredients: Half a ripe avocado, half a banana, half a papaya, half a kiwi, a quarter cup of yogurt, a few drops of maple syrup.
- Peel and cut the avocado, then place it in small cups
- Peel the banana and cut it into small slices Peel the papaya and cut it into small slices
- Put all the cut fruits in a bowl and add the yogurt and maple syrup to it
- If your child is eating this recipe for the first time, you can put all the ingredients in a blender to get a smooth texture and then add maple syrup and yogurt to it.
14- Avocado with kiwi and banana
Ingredients: Half a kiwi Half a banana Half an avocado 1/8 cup of cream cheese Pineapple juice
- Peel the avocado, remove the seed and cut it into small pieces
- Peel the banana and cut it into small pieces
- Peel the kiwi and cut it into small pieces
- Put the kiwi and banana pieces in the blender to get a creamy texture
- Put the cream cheese on the avocado and mash them together
- Add a little pineapple juice to all the ingredients together to make it creamy and easy to swallow.
15- Avocado with potatoes
Ingredients: Half an avocado, a quarter cup of yogurt, a medium-sized potato, a tablespoon of minced chives.
- Cook the potatoes for one to two hours, until they are fully cooked and soft, then let them cool at room temperature.
- Peel and chop the avocado, then mash it in a bowl, add the yogurt to the avocado and mix them together.
- Cut the potatoes into round pieces and put the avocado and yogurt mixture on top.
- Sprinkle chopped chives over potatoes with avocado
- Make sure the potatoes are cold before serving them to your child
16- Avocado soup
Ingredients: 3/4 cup of homemade vegetable broth, one ripe avocado, ¼ cup of milk, and a pinch of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- Peel the avocado and remove its seed, put it in a bowl and mash it well.
- Heat the vegetable broth and add it in stages to the mashed avocado, continue to whisk the mixture until it becomes smooth, then add more vegetable broth to turn the mixture into a soup.
- Add the milk and whisk the soup again
- Sprinkle chopped coriander on the soup, and make sure that it is at its temperature before serving it to your child, as it should only be warm and not hot.
Some ideas for additional avocado recipes for kids:
In addition to the recipes we mentioned above, you can try making other colors of them depending on what your child prefers, and here are some of these ideas:
- You can make a simple sauce with avocado as the main ingredient, and your child can dip pieces of fruits or vegetables in this sauce and eat it.
- Add boiled eggs to avocado and mash them together, and you can put them in a healthy and nutritious sandwich for your child.
- If you offer avocados to your child for the first time, he will find it very difficult to hold it, because its texture is very buttery and soft, and to overcome this, you can add ground legumes to avocado pieces, or oat flakes, to add additional nutritional value to it.
- Try all the suggestions and recipes we gave you about avocado, to ensure healthy and delicious food for him, but after consulting a doctor.